Tuesday, August 10, 2010

More Shoes :: Lee Kazimir

a crazy documentary (in 2 parts) about a journey on foot from Madrid to Kiev.
A few years ago I was creatively adrift, looking to do something in film but unhappy with what I'd tried so far.
Then I happened upon Werner Herzog's comment that aspiring filmmakers shouldn't bother going to film school. Instead, he said, they should make a journey alone, on foot, for five thousand kilometers, "let's say from Madrid to Kiev". This journey, he claimed, would teach one the essential nature of cinema.
I decided to take Herzog's words literally and walk from Madrid to Kiev. MORE SHOES is the resultant filmed record of that journey. It's the story of who I met, what I saw, and how the whole experience changed me.
The film premiered at Slamdance 2008 and went on to play 25 festivals worldwide, winning "Best Documentary" honors at three of them.


To see part 1 you have to click here.
To see part 2 you have to click here.

No comments: